Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Even though it's July doesn't mean its not cold somewhere!

This month I made a piece about gundams with a slight Aztec spin to it. I like that in Aztec glyphs there's a technicality and cleanness to the construction of it. Adding to the appeal of the story of the Popol Vuh (a Maya story but bear with me here) with the 13 gods of the underworld, whose designs also have a pieced together look, I thought the marriage of relic and robot would be a fun illustration to try myself.


This month I also thought it might be fun to post some scans of my sketchbook... since my current one is almost full, too! The ones below are done from staring at pinterest photos, so pardon my addiction to pinning!!







That's all I can show you for this month, see y'all in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment